Name Based -
cpic Criminal Record Check
last update Oct 27, 2023
Reasons for Criminal Record Check or Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check?
In Canada, name-based (no fingerprints) criminal record checks (CRC) are conducted for employment, volunteering, and various licensing or certification processes. It is important to note that Criminal Record Check checks are not intended for individuals who are seeking volunteer and/or employment with vulnerable people.
Different Types of Name Base Checks
In Ontario, there are generally 2 levels of name based police checks:
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) or Standard CPIC Check - searches for criminal convictions and convictions with records suspension authorized under the Criminal Records Act, for people not working closely with vulnerable people.
- Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC) or Premium CPIC Check- searches for CRC results, as well as charges, warrants, and judicial orders.
- 2 pieces of I.D. (One piece of identification must have a photo; Passport and Driver's License preferred)
- 2 pieces of I.D. of guarantor (if you apply online)
- Completed application form
Photo I.D. accepted:
Canadian Driver License, Ontario Photo Card, Nexus Card, Passport, Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident Card, Certificate of Indian status, Student Card, Canadian National Institute of Blind (CNIB) Card, Federal/Provincial/Municipal ID Card, Military Employment Card, Age of Majority Card, Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC), Foreign Driver License, Hunting License
Non-photo I.D. accepted:
Canadian Birth Certificate, Original Valid Immigration permit (Visa, Work, Refugee, Student)
ID NOT ACCEPTED:
- Health Cards (issued by Canadian Province or territory)
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Book an appointment of your choice on line using our handy calendar and submit payment
- Or call to book an appointment
- Bring two pieces of identification (best is passport and driver's license)
- Submit CPIC Application
- Receive results in a matter of hours
- Fill out an online application (select a application under the "Apply Online" drop down menu) and go through the payment process
- We will e-mail a package to you within 24 hours with further instructions in order to obtain your documents and submit to our office.